[Recipe] Honey Aloe Vera Tea
If you’ve got an overgrown aloe plant at home — this is the perfect recipe for you. Since aloe vera has moisturizing and emollient effects (softens skin by locking in moisture), it is often found in skincare products. In addition to its external benefits, they’re also good for the inside! The recipe also uses honey, which nourishes skin, moisturizes your throat and reduces the heat in your body.
With the combination of aloe vera and honey, which both lubricate the intestines and stimulate bowel movements, this recipe is also a good choice for those looking to shed some of that winter weight. Why spend money buying those overpriced aloe drinks at Asian supermarkets? Just follow these 5 easy steps for this tasty drink!
(you can take this portion size as a reference of ratio)
1. 1 Aloe vera leaf (1 is about 200g)
2. 50g honey
1. Peel your aloe vera leaf with a sharp knife. Start by removing the stings, and cut off the top, pointy part of the aloe. *Be sure to wear gloves in case you’re allergic to the yellow liquid that oozes out of it*
2. Thoroughly wash the aloe vera leaf. Put them into a pot and fill the pot with water until it covers the leaves. Soak for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the green skin as they're toxic. Extract the gel and briefly rinse it under water.
4. Cut the aloe gel into small cubes. Put them into a jar and pour honey in it. Leave the jar in the fridge for a day.
5. Just get a scoop of the honey aloe gel into a cup and pour hot/warm water in it.