[Recipe] Hot Chocolate Bombs
Updated: Mar 1
Seeing chocolate bombs at stores and all over TikTok? It’s never too late to join the bomb game! The trending hot chocolate bombs are balls of chocolate filled with cocoa mix and marshmallows, topped with chocolate decorations and sprinklers. When you pour hot milk into the mug, the bomb ‘explodes’ and spills the cocoa mix and marshmallows hiding inside. Indulge yourself with these chocolate bombs this Christmas! It’s super fun and easy to make them at home.
Ingredients (for 6 hot chocolate bombs):
· half circle silicone mold
· 6 dark or semi-sweet quality chocolate bars
· 1-2 cups hot cocoa mix
· Mini marshmallows
· Other fillings as desired
1. Melt the chocolate bars on the stovetop or in the microwave until smooth and pourable.
2. Scoop 1 tbsp of chocolate into each mold and use a pastry brush to coat the entire inside of the mold. Place the molds into the freezer for 10 minutes
3. Take the molds out from the freezer and repeat step 2 for the second layer. (Touch up any places where there’s a hole or the chocolate is thin. Make sure to coat the edges perfectly.)
4. Fill a chocolate dome with cocoa mix and mini marshmallows, sprinkles or other fillings if desired.
5. Microwave an empty plate until warm (around 40 seconds). Take another empty chocolate dome and place it on the warm plate for 1 second to melt the edges. (This will provide a smooth surface to seal the sphere.) Join the two domes together into a sphere and hold until sealed. Set the completed spheres in the freezer while making the rest.
6. Decorate the chocolate bombs with drizzle of additional chocolate (we used white chocolate) and sprinkles or other decorations.
7. To serve, drop the chocolate bomb in a mug of warm milk or hot chocolate. Magic happens, stir everything up and enjoy!