Disney finally gave us a Southeast Asian princess! What better way to celebrate the release of Raya and The Last Dragon than to cooking some bomb Southeast Asian food?
Pad Krapow Gai (ผัดกระเพราไก่) is a super quick, easy-to-make Thai dish made with ground chicken and stir-fried in delicious, spicy brown sauce & Thai basil. This dish is best served over white rice and a fried egg!
Serves 2-3, eat with 2 cups of rice
1. 1 tbs oyster sauce
2. 1 tbs soy sauce
3. 2 tsp fish sauce
4. 1 tsp white sugar
5. 1 tsp honey
6. 1 tbs chili powder
7. 2 tbs vegetable oil
8. 1 lb ground chicken
9. 4 minced garlic cloves
10. ½ cup basil leaves
1. Mix oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, white sugar, and honey together in a bowl until well blended.
2. Heat a large skillet over high heat and drizzle vegetable oil. Add ground chicken and stir fry until it loses its raw color (2-3 mins). Stir in minced garlic.
3. Continue cooking on high heat until some of the juices start to caramelize in the bottom of the pan, add 1 tbs of chili powder, and continue to mix (2-3 mins).
4. Add sauce mixture to the skillet; cook and stir until sauce begins to caramelize (~1 min).
5. Cook and stir until it looks the sauce has absorbed into the meat. Turn off the heat.
6. Add ½ cup of basil leaves to the pan and stir until the basil is wilted.
7. Serve over a bed of rice. Enjoy!